All appointments are currently being offered virtually. As the province of Alberta begins its phased relaunch, we will have a slow build to in-person appointments. For anyone who prefers virtual sessions, these will continue until you decide that you are comfortable to resume in-person.
Once in-person sessions resume the office will take the following safety precautions to protect those we serve and help slow the spread of the coronavirus:
- All clients will undergo a pre-screening for virus symptoms at the time of scheduling as well as the time of appointment.
- Initial appointments will occur virtually.
- Office seating in the waiting room and in therapy room have been arranged for appropriate physical distancing.
- My staff and I wear masks.
- If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
- My staff maintains safe distancing.
- There is a sink with soap dispensers that are maintained inside our office, and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in the therapy room and the waiting room.
- We schedule appointments at specific intervals to minimize the number of people in the waiting room.
- We ask all patients to wait in their cars or outside until no earlier than 5 minutes before their appointment times.
- Credit card pads, pens and other areas that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Physical contact is not permitted.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Common areas are thoroughly disinfected between clients and at the end of each day.
- Disinfectant and cleaning protocols will occur between each play therapy appointment including, but not limited to, aerosol disinfectant spray of all fabric furniture that has been used, cleaning and disinfecting of all toys, figurines, and art supplies used, and disinfecting of the sand.